Straight A Training places a significant emphasis on customer feedback and views the complaints process as a valuable tool to drive improvements in the quality of its services. The policy of Straight A Training is to respond to all suggestions, whether positive or negative, in a prompt and courteous manner. All complaints will be treated seriously.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
• Making a complaint is as easy as possible
• Treat all complaints as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service provision which calls for an immediate response
• Deal with all issues, concerns and complaints promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
• Ensure to respond in the current manner and in line with Straight A Training’s values and standards
• Learn from complaints, using them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
• Ensure all complaints are dealt in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with equality requirements
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
• Resolve informal concerns quickly and in a suitable way
• Enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. If it is not possible to resolve concerns informally to a satisfactory degree then the formal complaints procedure will be followed.
Complaints Procedure Overview
The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction.
Straight A Training’s responsibility will be to:
• Ensure that complaints are taken seriously and dealt with promptly.
• Ensure complaints are replied to within 48 hours (working days) from when the complaint is received. If it is not possible to provide a full reply within this time (for instance, because a detailed investigation is required), an interim response, explaining actions being taken to deal with the complaint, key staff involved, timescales for next steps and resolution is made.
• Provide a full reply in regards to the outcome and decision of the complaint, what action will be taken if necessary, and also will include details of who is the next point of contact if the complainant believes the complaint has not been dealt with to their satisfaction
• Deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint
• Take action where appropriate.
A complainant’s responsibility is to:
• Bring their complaint, where possible in writing to Straight A Training’s attention, normally within 6 weeks of the issue arising. Straight A Training ensures to comply with obligations under both the Equality Act 2010 and Data Protection Act inc GDPR 2018. Where a complaint cannot be submitted in writing due to disability or learning difficulties Straight A Training must allow alternative methods of contact.
• Initial complaints are required to be submitted to:
Suite 1.3, Building 3,
Watchmoor Park, Camberley
• Raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in Straight A Training’s management team (Operations Director / Operations Manager)
• Explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
• Allow Straight A Training a reasonable time to deal with the matter. Straight A Training will respond to the complaint within 2 weeks of receipt, but the resolution may take longer.
• Recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Straight A Training’s control. If this is the case, Straight A Training will escalate the complaint to the ESFA through the apprenticeship helpline on 0800 015 0400 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Straight A Training maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Directors of Straight A Training will receive annually an anonymised report of complaints made and their resolution.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the Senior Management Team in line with ESFA rules and OFSTED EIF (due to be implemented 09/19)
Endorsement Signature: ___________________________________
Complaints procedure 2019. Reviewed and updated January 26th 2019 J Raftery